New Bern Riverfront Convention Center Rules & Regulations
Please note the following rules and regulations for events at our venue…
- Please see the Assistant Director for a complete Convention Center ADA guide and building map.
- All working building personnel, the Director, Assistant Director, Facility Operations Supervisor, Food & Beverage Supervisor and Event staff shall have access to all areas of the building at any time. The Convention Center will determine who shall and shall not be permitted in all service areas.
ABANDONED EQUIPMENT /LOST OR MISPLACED ARTICLES
- Any article or equipment remaining at the Convention Center past the expiration of the license period may be considered abandoned and may be disposed of by the Convention Center as the Director deems necessary at the group’s expense.
- The Convention Center shall assume no responsibility for losses suffered by the group, its agents, servants, employees or guests.
- The Convention Center shall have the sole right to collect and have custody of any articles left on the premises by the attendees and to provide for the disposition thereof.
- Please contact the Assistant Director for a copy of the Convention Center’s alcohol policy.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on the premises by any individual, group or organization without prior written approval by the Convention Center.
- The Convention Center reserves the right to check any and all packages brought into the Convention Center.
- Audiovisual equipment is available through the Convention Center’s exclusive in-house audiovisual company.
- Please ask the Assistant Director for a complete audiovisual guide.
- Mylar balloons are prohibited.
- To prevent escape to the ceilings, helium-filled balloons and similar objects must be secured.
- Helium-filled balloons may not be distributed in the Convention Center.
- If the use of balloons is planned for your function, please advise the Assistant Director.
- You may keep a supply of advertising materials, product or literature in your booth.
- You may not store material or empty cartons in or behind your booth backwall.
- Due to the limited amount of storage space, excess materials must be stored off site.
COMPETING SHOW POLICY
- For activities, which are considered to be competing for specific markets, i.e. home product shows and golf shows, etc. The New Bern Riverfront Convention Center may, at its discretion, maintain a period of sixty days prior to an existing event and any similar event. Furthermore, New Bern Riverfront Convention Center may, maintain a period of sixty days following an existing event and any similar event.
- The show manager’s service contractors are responsible for the removal of all tape residue marks on the exhibit hall floor. The Convention Center requires the use of a quality carpet tape.
- Removal and damage costs incurred by the Convention Center from the use of inferior tape will be charged to the event.
DECORATING AND SIGNS
- Do not attach any items, by any means, to walls or doors without prior approval.
- The use of scotch tape or decals on walls, floors, partitions, doors or windows is strictly prohibited.
- The use of nails, tacks, brads, screws or other driven fasteners is strictly prohibited.
- Adhesive backed decals and stickers may not be distributed in the Convention Center.
- Notify the Assistant Director of any banners needing to be suspended.
- Banner poles and easels are available through our in-house audiovisual company.
DISPLAY VEHICLES AND DISPLAY EQUIPMENT
- Any motor or equipment on display at the Convention Center must comply with the New Bern Fire Department regulations. For further information please contact the Facility Operations Supervisor.
- All equipment displays must have a plastic floor liner to prevent carpet damage.
- Notify the Facility Operations Supervisor, prior to arrival, of large equipment displays entering the Convention Center.
- Wall, column and permanent building utility outlets are not part of a booth space and are not to be used by exhibitors unless specified otherwise.
- See the Assistant Director to prearrange your electrical requirements.
- All equipment must comply with all federal, state and local safety codes.
- Electrical rates quoted for all connections include service to the booth. They do not include connecting equipment or special wiring.
- Exhibitors are expected to provide their own extension cords. (UL approved Utility Cord)
EQUIPMENT – CONVENTION CENTER
- All Convention Center equipment such as food and beverage carts, table carts, dollies, jacks must be returned to the Convention Center after the event move-in/move-out.
- Any damage to the above equipment will result in additional expense to the event.
- Only the Convention Center’s staff is approved to operate the loading dock lifts.
FIRE HOSES CABINETS, PULL STATIONS, AISLES AND EXIT DOORS
- Do not block any doors marked with an overhead exit sign.
- Each of these must be visible and accessible at all times. Contact the Assistant Director or Facility Operations Supervisor immediately if you find any within your exhibit area. Adjustments to space and equipment may be required.
- Stay within your designated booth area. Chairs, tables and other display equipment must be clear of all aisles, corridors, stairways and other exit areas.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE EVENTS
- The New Bern Riverfront Convention Center offers a preferred list of caterers for your convenience.
- Any contracts for food and beverage provisions are made by the client directly with the caterer. The
- Convention Center maintains all rights for all coffee breaks, concession services and “Adult Beverage” services.
- All food and/or beverages served, offered and/or sold in any part of the Convention Center’s premises must be provided and served by a caterer who has met the requirements and entered into a signed catering agreement with the Convention Center.
- The client and caterer hereby acknowledges and understands that the distribution and consumption of all alcoholic beverages must be in accordance with the laws, statutes and regulations of the State of North Carolina.
- Only preferred caterers may use on site catering kitchen.
- All concessions must be provided through the New Bern Riverfront Convention Center.
- No fog, smoke effects or laser light shows shall be permitted in the Convention Center.
- Deliveries received on-site should be addressed to the appropriate show or event.
- Freight deliveries for an event may not arrive more than two business days prior to the event. Freight arriving sooner than two days prior to the event will be refused.
- Please contact an exhibit contractor or freight handler for all shipping services.
- Freight to be shipped must be picked up within two business days after the event.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- The normal maximum contractual hours of occupancy for events is eight hours scheduled between 6:00 a.m. – 11:59 p.m. Arrangements regarding activities beyond these hours must be made with the Director and will be subject to overtime charges.
- The New Bern Riverfront Convention Center requires the lessee to provide to lessor proof of insurance as required below at least 10 days prior to the scheduled event. Such proof shall be in the form of a certificate of insurance evidencing the existence of commercial general liability insurance applicable to premises and operations hereunder with liability limits at least in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence: combined single limit bodily injury and/or property damage. Liability insurance covering all owned, non-owned and hired automobiles and workers compensation and occupational disease insurance including employers’ liability, meeting the statutory requirement of the state of North Carolina.
- The certificate shall show the lessor, Craven County, the New Bern Riverfront Convention Center and its agents, as an additional named insured under the policy and shall contain substantially the following statement “The insurance described in this certificate will not be canceled or materially altered unless ten (10) days written notice has been received by the lessor.”
- Please present the above outline when obtaining event insurance.
- For assistance, please contact the New Bern Riverfront Convention Center.
- Event areas are cleaned daily at no charge. Additional cleaning requirements may result in charges to the event.
- Loading and unloading is permitted only through the loading dock. No loading or unloading is permitted through the front of the facility.
- All move-in/move-out and rehearsal rates will be charged half of the room rental fee. Note: Reduction in price is due to maintaining “minimum comfort and staffing levels.” If your move-in/move-out requires temperatures or staffing beyond minimum levels, 100% of the rental rate will apply.
- In the event the Convention Center is not vacated by Lessee upon the expiration of the Term, Management isauthorized to remove from the Convention Center, at the expense of the Lessee, all goods, wares, merchandise and property of any kind left therein, and Management shall not be liable for any damages to or loss of such goods, ware, merchandise or property which may be sustained by reason of such removal, and the Management is hereby released from any and all claims for damages of whatever kind or nature, including but not limited to non-use or unavailability of such property.
- Soliciting is not permitted on the Convention Center property.
- Unauthorized picketing is strictly prohibited by the Convention Center. The appropriate City of New Bern permit must be approved and on file.
All parking is under the exclusive control of the Convention Center management and the following rules will apply:
- No parking in fire lanes, service roads, loading dock areas or any other unauthorized location is permitted.
- Unauthorized vehicles will be removed at owner’s expense.
- The Convention Center provides three parking lots; on site lot, a lot directly across from the Convention Center and the visitor lot. Other surrounding parking areas are available, however, vehicles parked on private property are subject to applicable regulations.
The following items are hazardous and prohibited.
- LP gases (i.e., propane and butane)
- Untreated Christmas trees, cut evergreens or similar trees
- Fireplace logs and similar materials
- Untreated mulch and Spanish moss
- Hay and straw
- Table top food fryers and steam tables
- Flip flops, sandals and open toe shoes are not allowed in back of house during move-in/move-out
- The New Bern Riverfront Convention Center’s goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for every event and our guests. Any and all unsafe conditions or activities will be brought to the attention of the responsible parties and corrective measures are to be made immediately.
- Only Convention Center personnel may hang anything overhead including banners, signs, lighting, etc.
- Contact the Assistant Director to arrange these services. See attached equipment services rental rate sheet.
- The New Bern Riverfront Convention Center will arrange for security personnel as required by the Convention Center and/or the exhibit manager and charged to the lessee at the prevailing rate.
- Any person whose conduct is objectionable, disorderly or disruptive to the Convention Center’s use or is in violation of any law shall be refused entrance or shall be immediately ejected from the premises. Lessee assumes full responsibility for the acts and conduct of its exhibitors, agents, employees, licensees, invitees and attendees of the event.
SMOKING (includes e-cigarettes)
- Smoking is not permitted in the Convention Center.
- Outside areas have been designated as smoking areas.
- The New Bern Riverfront Convention Center and CenturyLink are the exclusive providers of telecommunications/data line service in the Convention Center.
- Only the New Bern Riverfront Convention Center or CenturyLink personnel are authorized to modify system wiring and cable.
- TTD equipment/phone bank is available on the first level located at the Visitor Center.
- Contact the Assistant Director for telecommunications service order forms and telephone equipment rentals.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Space rental contract includes initial use and set up of tables, chairs, china, glass and silver.
- All materials and equipment furnished by the Convention Center for the service order shall remain the property of the Convention Center and shall be removed ONLY by the Convention Center personnel at the close of the event.
- Credit will not be given for equipment or personnel ordered and not utilized.
- Payment in full must be rendered prior to close of the event.
- Advance utility orders shall receive priority service.